Thank you for your interest in enrolling your child in our Minecraft + Astronomy camp!
This camp is currently closed!
Camp session on 12/4/2023 has been cancelled due to the weather.
The camp session scheduled for tomorrow, (12/4/2023) is still on.
Over the four days will use Minecraft to learn about an awesome variety of topics, including:
– Exploring distant exoplanets
– Learning basic programming skills through an in-game data pack we call barrel-bot
– Designing your own base on Mars to endure the harsh Martian environment
Versant Power Astronomy Center & Jordan Planetarium
University of Maine, 167 Rangeley Rd
Orono, ME 04469
Dates and times
Monday December 4th 3:00-6:00pm
Tuesday December 5th 3:00-6:00pm
Monday December 11th 3:00-6:00pm
Tuesday December 12th 3:00-6:00pm
Ages 10 to 14 – participants must join for all sessions!
Transportation is NOT provided. The students’ legal guardian is responsible for ensuring transport to and from the camp.
This camp is about science and learning, not just Minecraft. Make sure your child understands this – we won’t have any player-vs-player (PvP violent play) and won’t be joining any big game servers like Mineplex or Bedwars. We provide Java edition Minecraft accounts and computers for all students and everything is free.
- This camp is part of a research study funded by the National Science Foundation run in collaboration with the University of Illinois and University of Maine. To fully enroll your child, you will need to fill out the WHIMC-UMaine Parental Consent & Talent Release form.
- Fill out the WHIMC Emergency Contact Information form online or print and fill out a physical copy.
- Email email@example.com with the subject line: WHIMC Camp Enrollment. Please attach the WHIMC Emergency Contact Information form in the email or indicate that your child will bring this document to the camp.
Please reach out to Bryce at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We look forward to hearing from you!